Looking good is always a priority, whether you’re in the gym or grabbing drinks with your friends after work. So, don’t push your fashion sense to the wayside when you’re getting your sweat on. Check out the fall fashions for 2013 so you can work out in style this season.
Though their importance seems minimal in the fashion sense, running shoes have become a popular fashion statement for runners and gym junkies alike. With a variety of new styles and fits, be sure to choose the pair that look good and improve your workouts.
- Bright: Bright colored sneaks are making a splash in the fitness world. Ascis and New Balance are leading the charge with loads of standout sneakers, ranging from tie dye to neon pinks, greens and purples.
- Minimalist: Barefoot running was a trend last year and it still is now. However, a number of brands are making shoes that mimic the barefoot feel while maintaining comfort and style. The homepage of NewBalance.com reads, “Modern stability meets luxurious cushioning. Experience the next generation of running…” But, they aren’t the only ones who are boasting about their new shoe styles. Nearly every major shoe brand, from Saucony to New Balance and Vibram has minimalist options for you to choose from.
The right shirt can make or break your workout. Shirt trends in the fitness world this season are a mix of motivation, comfort and style.
- Make a Statement: T-shirts and tank tops take on new meaning this fall. Tanks that read “Beast Mode” and “Eat Clean, Train Dirty” inspire you to push harder through each and every workout. Even better, ViewSport sells tees and tanks that reveal these messages after you’ve sweat through the fabric. Just more motivation to have a strong workout.
- Racerback: Gabriela Shavez, a fashion and beauty reporter for Examiner.com, said that designer racer backs are, “… fashion-forward yet highly functional, it’s racerback design lets you move with ease while its straps stay in place and it’s universally flattering fit and sleek design is perfect for yogi’s of all shapes and sizes, proving that you can reach clarity while looking cool and chic.” Lululemon is even marketing their line of these tanks with #coolracerback.
- Loose coverups: While most prefer tight tanks at the gym, loose cover-ups are in style this season, and many of them offer a fashionable over-the-shoulder look to show off your toned upper body.
The right bottoms, whether you’re wearing shorts, capris, or long yoga pants, make a big difference in how you feel during your workout. Fall’s fashion trends focus on making a statement while keeping you comfortable.
- Printed Spandex: Whether its leopard print or splattered paint, loud colors and patterns are what the spandex world is all about right now. No longer will you go unnoticed in the gym, the grocery store or running through the streets.
- Skirted Leggings: Get a little extra cover-up on your backside with these fashionable fitness pants. Brands like Old Navy, Anthropologie and Lucy have added this style into their current fitness line.