Looking for healthy in a hurry? Get a great meal on the table in minutes with these 5 ingredient stars.
Spanish Potato Frittata
3 medium potatoes
2 tablespoons light olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
5 eggs, beaten
1. Microwave the skin on potatoes until they are done. When cool enough to handle, peel and slice into ¼ inch pieces.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet. Add the onion and saute’ over medium heat until lightly browned.
3. Combine beaten eggs with the potatoes and onions in a mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in the same skillet. Pour in the potato mixture. Cover and cook over medium heat until the bottom is golden brown and the top is fairly set, about 5 minutes.
5. Slide the frittata out onto a plate. Invert the skillet over the plate and quickly flip over so that the frittata goes back into the skillet, uncooked side down. Remove the plate, return the skillet to the heat, and cook the second side, uncovered, until golden brown.
6. Slide the frittata back onto the plate, let cool for a few minutes, cut into 4 wedges and serve at once, top with salsa, if desired.
From The Vegetarian 5-Ingredient Gourmet
4 medium green, red, and/or yellow sweet peppers
1 15-ounce can chili beans with chili gravy
1 cup cooked converted rice
4 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, shredded (1 cup)
1 15- ounce can tomato sauce
1. Remove tops, membranes, and seeds from peppers.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together chili beans with chili gravy, rice, and 1/2 cup of the cheese; spoon into peppers.
3. Pour tomato sauce into the bottom of a 5- or 6-quart slow cooker. Place peppers, filled sides up, in slow cooker.
4. Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 6 1/2 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 3 1/2 hours.
5. Transfer peppers to serving plate. Spoon tomato sauce over peppers. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
From Better Homes and Gardens
Cumin and Coriander-rubbed Lamb Chops
2 tablespoons ground cumin
2 tablespoons ground coriander
8 lamb chops
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1. Mix together the cumin, coriander and oil, and season with salt and pepper. Rub the mixture all over the lamb chops, then cover and chill for at least one hour.
2. Prepare a grill or grill pan. Cook the chops for 5 minutes on each side, until lightly charred but still pink in the center.
From Best Ever Three & Four Ingredient Cookbook
Easy lunchtime salmon for one
3-ounce piece of salmon
2 cups arugula
salt and pepper taste
Season salmon, place in a steamer bag and microwave for 45 to 60 seconds. Let cool briefly. Place arugula on a plate with the salmon. Sprinkle with cheese and a drizzle of lemon.
Spicy Garbanzo beans – who needs chips?!
2 15-ounce cans of garbanzo beans, rinsed, drained and toweled dry.
Spices of your choice to taste
Heat oven to 400 degrees. Place the beans in a single layer on a baking sheet. Drizzle lightly with olive oil. Sprinkle with spices of your choice. Some I have used include Cajun seasoning, cumin, salt, paprika and garlic. Toss to combine. Roast for 30 to 40 minutes until crispy. Enjoy!