Give the gift of health this holiday season
Looking for another way to say I care about you and your health? Gym memberships make great gifts. Give one for a gift that keeps giving long beyond the holidays.
Gym memberships make great gifts
Good health is priceless. Perhaps there is no magic bullet to health and fitness, but exercise is certainly as close as you can get to one. When you give the gift of gym membership you are investing in the health and well-being of your loved one. Sweaters are cozy, but they don’t have nearly the benefits of regular exercise. What are those benefits? They include:
- Better sleep – exercise helps you get more zzzz’s. When you sleep better you perform better on cognitive tasks and feel better overall, too. Boost performance at work or school just by getting quality sleep.
- Less stress – exercise is an effective tool for stress management. While some stress is good, too much stress for too long negatively impacts health.
- Greater well-being – exercise eases anxiety and depression.
- Better health – losing just 5% of your body weight can help with diabetes and heart health.
- More confidence – exercise boosts confidence. Show your loved one you’re on their team. Help them connect with the resources needed to be their best.
Strengthen your relationship
Many fitness centers offer holiday deals. Why not buy one for your loved one and yourself? Working out together is a win-win. Some of the benefits are:
- Improved outcomes – when you work out with a buddy, you work harder. A little friendly competition will push you both to up your fitness game. Plus, buddies keep you accountable, so you are both more likely to stick with the fitness plan.
- Spice up your love life – gift a gym membership to your sweetie and see the sparks fly. Working out together strengthens your bond and even makes you seem more attractive to one another.
- Enjoy togetherness – go beyond virtual relationships (all that texting and Facebooking) and really connect with time spent together at the gym.
- Improved mood – exercise boosts mood, which is sure to improve the relationship with your loved one.
Why give your loved one a gym membership? It says you care. Exercise offers countless benefits for both mind and body. When you give the gift of exercise you are essentially reminding your loved one that you care about their health and quality of life.